nuffnang

Friday, October 11, 2013

Kalui

Kalui - Puerto Prinsesa, Palawan

This article has been long overdue; since I celebrated my 24th birthday in Palawan last May and it’s just now that I had the time to create this post. This is my 2nd time to visit Palawan and I really love this place. The nature, the breeze and from all the places I’ve been Palawan has one of the best cuisine and exotic delicacies.

For starters, if ever you’ll visit Puerto Princesa never leave the place without visiting Kalui. It’s one of the most famous restaurant and hangout in Puerto Princesa. You have to book a day early if you want to dine here since the place is always swarming with locals and tourists, they also do not entertain walk in unless someone cancels their reservation. Once you have your seat reserved be there on the dot, they only wait for 30 minutes before they give out your reservation.

We stuck with ordering the recommended dish by our waiter since we wanted to try the best that Kalui can offer. For our dinner we had Blue Marlin, Choice Catch – Shrimp, Breaded Eggplant, Stingray in Coco Cream, Ensaladang Seaweed or Green Caviar, Banana Shake and Mango Banana Shake. All are on reasonable price the whole dinner cost about PHP600.00 (USD$ 14) good for 2 person.  The food here tastes great J I absolutely recommend this place.

Ensaladang Seaweed or Green Caviar

This side dish is best with any fish dishes at Kalui, the saltiness of the seaweeds compliments the taste of the fish.

Breaded Eggplant 

Crunchy fried egg plant in breaded dressing with Sweet and sour sauce that brings out the taste of the eggplant.

Blue Marlin

Smoked blue marlin is one of the highlights of our dinner, I really liked how they marinated the blue marlin in soy sauce and cooked it to smoking perfection.

Buttered Shrimp

If there's a seafood restaurant ofcourse I'll always order shrimp. This dish is just delightful :).

Sting Ray in Coco Cream

Not really my first time to try a Sting ray dish , I have tried Sting Ray Adobo at Zambales before and loved it. I also liked this variation of sting ray in coco cream, tasty and delicious.

Mango Banana Shake

Kalui is a very artistic restaurant it brings the homey old fashioned Filipino Culture, bare foot dining, bamboo flooring, Filipino hand craft designs as decoration and a wide collection of paintings. Everything in Kalui screams Filipino Culture, better experience Kalui when you visit Puerto Princesa, Palawan.

Corner sitting position dinning at Kalui

More Filipino ambiance


Painting hanging on the walls of Kalui

Painting hanging on the walls of Kalui

3 comments:

  1. I skipped this when visited PPS. Not a huge fan of seafood kasi. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh i see :) but hopefully the next time you'll visit get to try a bit of their seafoods :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't know this place.. I've been to Puerto Prinsesa twice and I haven't heard of it or recommended by anyone.. so, thank you for sharing it. Hopefully next year we get to visit Palawan again. Our next stop would be Coron. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you.Please leave a message. ENJOY